Does your child need a sports physical? Are family immunizations up to date? Would you like advice on parenting issues? Help is available and it may cost little or nothing!
There is a clinic on the campus of Columbus Middle School that is confidential, local and affordable! Your child may enroll in low or no cost health insurance and in Medi-Cal.
Please call Columbus Middle School Clinic at (818) 594-0614 or Maria Casas at (818) 831-8257.
District one schools are fortunate to have three School Based Clinics and Family Resource Centers. The closest to Canoga Parks High School is located on the campus of Columbus Middle School. It is just over a mile away from our campus. The School Based Clinic provides physical examinations, sports physicals, and medical treatment for minor illnesses, immunizations and TB tests to students and their siblings. The site also provides limited mental health counseling and parent support groups. Please be assured that the strictest confidentiality is ensured.
Columbus Middle School Based Clinic and Family Resource Centers
- Healthy Families/Medical enrollment
- Individual or family counseling
- Parent in Control Classes, Parent Support Groups
- Domestic Violence Prevention information
- Substance abuse information
- Medical services including immunizations, physical exams and treatment of minor illnesses
- Food, shelter and clothing assistance
- ESL and Adult Education classes or referrals
- Parenting assistance
- Tattoo removal referrals
- Hotline numbers
Columbus Middle School
22250 Elkwood Street,
Canoga Park, 91304
FAX: (818) 594-5738
English or Spanish
Karen Proctor – Nurse Practitioner
Tracy Hoberman – LCSW
Maura Galvan – Case Manager
Marisa Gonzalez – Case Manager
Jessica Irias – Clinic Receptionist
Ruth Osztreicher, Resource Manager
Gilda Eshtehard MD, School Physician
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Family Health Care
- Clinic/El Proyecto del Barrio
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Providers