Canoga's Assembly Hall was built during the Great Depression by the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (PWA), and it is identified as historically significant in the California Register of Historic Resources. The Hall was completed in 1939, and is named in honor of Canoga's first principal, G. Walter Monroe. Monroe was principal from 1915 to 1938. Because it seated 999 people it was officially an "assembly hall" and not an auditorium.
May 19, 1956 - DAVE DAVIS BROKE THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL SHOT PUT RECORD
Dave Davis graduated Canoga in 1956 and was called the Man With The Golden Arm. The following quote is from the May 25, 1956 edition of the Hunters' Call newspaper. "Big Dave Davis brought more fame to Hunterville when he smashed the national scholastic shot put record with a tremendous heave of 62 ' 7 ½ " on his first attempt. His unbelievable thrust of the solid 12 pound pellet is so sensational that in the entire period of humanity no prep athlete has ever been able to achieve this mark before..."
The actual shot put is on display in the Canoga Park High School Museum.
May 28, 1968 - THE 600 BUILDING DEDICATED
The ceremony to dedicate the new 600 Building was held during brunch and 3rd period. "The purpose is to continue a tradition and show the community the improvements they are receiving in the public schools..." Hunters' Call - May 24, 1968